Tuesday, September 02, 2008

XSS fortune cookie

Forgive me in advance for an extremely bad joke, if you can even call it that, but I just can't help it.
Here's how to get an XSS fortune cookie:

1) Ask the mighty Google oracle who might be able to tell you your fortune.
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=tell+my+fortune&btnG=Search&lr=lang_en

2) Select one of the sponsored links; in this case I chose SpritualExperts.com.

3) Pick a variable. I settled for banid.

4) Ask it if it has a cookie for you.
http://www.spiritualexperts.com/psychic_reading/psychic_reading.asp?banid=%22%3E%3CSCRIPT%3Ealert%28document%2Ecookie%29%3C%2FSCRIPT%3E

Voila...an XSS fortune cookie. Sorry. Really, I am.

The webmaster has been advised...play nice.

Screenshot for after they fix the issue.



del.icio.us | digg

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hopefully your day job will keep you employed long enough that you won't need to fall back on stand up comedy.

Kevin Lam (Impacta LLC) said...

For sure you're working too hard at your day job to have to resort to this! :) Funny stuff man!

Kevin
Impacta LLC

Rafal Los said...

Dude... you need a vacation.

Sultan said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Moving blog to HolisticInfoSec.io

toolsmith and HolisticInfoSec have moved. I've decided to consolidate all content on one platform, namely an R markdown blogdown sit...