Sunday, October 18, 2009

Adito now OpenVPN ALS

SSL-Explorer --> Adito --> OpenVPN ALS

The Adito project, discussed often here and in toolsmith, is now OpenVPN ALS.
Back on April 23rd, Francis Dinha, CEO of OpenVPN Technologies, contacted me after reading my March 2009 toolsmith article on Adito and asked about working with the project to become part of OpenVPN. I connected Francis with Adito project developer Samuli Seppanen, they reached an agreement, and Adito is now OpenVPN ALS.

Francis recently indicated that he's in the process of hiring more developers and will assign a developer specifically to the ALS project. With more QA testing and improvement, OpenVPN Technologoies will soon consider OpenVPN ALS fully stable.



Download it today, give the project feedback, and look forward to further enhancements.

Cheers.

del.icio.us | digg | Submit to Slashdot

Please support the Open Security Foundation (OSVDB)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love Adito and waiting for OpenVPN to show support. I use both OpenVPN and Adito. I hope to see the two merge. For now I use the features of OpenVPN to allow me to put everything via the same port.

I started with SSLexp, then (and now) Adito.

Use mostly for remote connections from the middle east.

Great review and thanks for being one of the persons responsible for keeping this project alive despite the commercial pressures!

Moving blog to HolisticInfoSec.io

toolsmith and HolisticInfoSec have moved. I've decided to consolidate all content on one platform, namely an R markdown blogdown sit...